Glannagalt (Translation Glen of the mad) Barony Corkaguiny, Civil Parish Kilgobban, Poor Law Union Tralee lies on the Dingle Peninsula, adjacent to Tralee Bay.
In 1852, Lord Ventry owned the land and John O'Donnell was his only listed tenant.
In turn Maurice O'Donnell, leased land from John as was common practise.
39 baptisms and 5 marriages are recorded here for O'Donnell Glenagalt (notice how the spelling has changed!)
In 1901, there are only 4 O'Donnells remaining in Glannagalt.
In 1911, there are none. But there are families named Murphy, O'Connor, Curran, and Foley.
Gleann na nGealt was so named because it was believed that water from the wells there was a cure for madness. This wonderful documentary explores the reality of this belief. The contributors all speak beautiful Irish but there are English subtitles.